Friday, February 8, 2013

I am ready.

           My new journey into the wilderness will be nothing like I have experienced before. I have some trails under my belt and I have experimented with gear. All kinds of gear. I now have 3 cooking kits, 2 tents, 3 backpacks. The pack I really want to carry well I cant fit all my stuff I want to bring in it. Yea I know. At this point in my backpacking life I am not ready to downsize again. Now, maybe while I am on the trail, I will find some of my equipment that I brought might go home or be given away to another hiker. But for now I feel like I have just the right amount.


I have been looking into the Gila Wilderness for a backpacking trip. I want to be in the true wilderness, I just don't want to hike in it I want to live there. I want to go were there is a challenge. Were not to many people are. Maybe a few other backpackers here and there would be fine. Not be in hurry to get to a certain place by a certain time. Of course my food supply would have a lot to do with the amount of days I could be out without resupply. And as always I have a tendency to carry to much food. I will jouneal my whereabouts as I wander around. 


Wilderness the wisdom of the wilderness you must be open to hear her talk to you. She will tell you. Just listen.


I do have a trail planned for this year. It is the APPALACHIAN TRAIL. From Georgia to Maine  There is hundreds of books written about the trail, people who have hiked the trail, equipment you need, food to take, shelter, Everything you could possibly think of. And if you need more information there is hundreds of UTUBE Videos. You can learn everything you need to know between the books and the videos. 

What you cant learn. Is the....Well I cant tell you. You will just have to get out and hike. No, not hike. Backpack. I am not a hiker.

I will see you on a trail somewhere in the world.

6 comments:

  1. Go get 'em girl...I'll be cheering you from Texas and keep your and your fellow hikers' safety in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You, Nurse Lily for the vote of confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Behind you 100% - I'll be cheering you on as well, but not from Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Gila truly is wonderful and I hope you are able to get out there to hike, but in the meantime, I hope to be seeing you soon in Appalachia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! I'm so jealous and VERY excited for your journey. I can't wait to cross white blazes with you in a few months. <>< Wild Trout

    ReplyDelete