Wednesday, January 16, 2013

FOOD FOR A DAY

FOOD FOR A DAY.

See here I go again food ,food ,food. I have to get over that.
One day.


BREAKFAST



2 packs of Oatmeal with Nildo Milk. 320 cal.
1 trail bar snack                                 190 cal.
coffee


LUNCH

Peanut Butter on a Tortilla                 280 cal


Snack Trail Mix                                  150  cal

DINNER

Knorr side of some sort                     280 cal
Package of chicken                            70 cal

Tea/coffee/cider

I will have to find something other then chicken and the Nildo. Still working on that.

All that comes to about 1600 cal a day. They say when you are hiking long distances you need 3 -4,000 calories a day. I am looking into what I can supplement with. Maybe some protein powder.

I will change the menu to my taste. Each day will be different but I have thought of seeing what I could eat for 30 days at at time.

It is very hard for me on the trail to stay a Vegan. Still trying.

When a long distance hiker gets to town its normal for them to eat and eat and eat.
My grocery shopping is not the same anymore. I am always looking for food for the Trail.

Right now as I write this I have a pot of bean soup cooking and  will go into the dehydrator.
My trip.
My trip ha. Next 6 months on the Appalachian Trail is more then a Trip. Its a TRIP.
Wait till read about that.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment