Saturday, June 23, 2012

Trail is calling.

How does one get back on the trail? I been home about a month trying to get back on some how. My pack has been packed and ready to go. I didn't want to drive my truck and eave it some where. No trains or buses go were I need to go. I couldn't find a car rental place to drop off a rental. I need to go to far north for someone to drive me. I thought about taking one shuttle after another till I got far enough north. Still might do that.

Why the call of the trail is so strong. I think about it everyday sometimes all day long. What is it that wants a person to torture themselves everyday and night. No idea. I just know the Trail offers me something I don't get in civilization.  On The Trail everyone is equal. Yes some walk faster and go father distances but when you lay your head down no one cares. We just want to rest or sleep. I have laid my head down next to complete strangers I would have nothing in common with and we have all become  good friends. Well not all but the group of people I was honored to hike with or camp with are a great group of individuals.  Our fireside chats were mostly about the trail and food.




I miss all the hardships I had, I miss the mind struggles. 


I will get back on .

No comments:

Post a Comment