Saturday, November 10, 2012

Time of year

It has to be something in the Autumn air that makes me want to go out into the wilderness. Here I am again looking at trails, upgrading equipment, dehydrating food. My tent, I have either been using my sons or my friends one man tent. Unless my husband goes with me in which we take the 2 person Kelty that I love. So this year since I have decided this long distance hiking is not going away. I have bought a Tarp Tent Notch. I got the one with tall sides to help the sand and snow out when I hike the PCT and the CDT. I haven't used it yet but I have high hopes for it. The next new equipment is my backpack. I got a Hyperlite Mountain Backpack its water proof so no more rain cover to deal with.  It is very lite so this should ease up on my pain.

I am thinking about hiking this year starting Jan 1st at Key West.
I will keep you posted.

Sweet Spot

No comments:

Post a Comment