Friday, December 7, 2012

You now what they say. You carry your fears in your pack.  Well  I must think I going to starve. I always have extra food when I get into town for resupply. I start out with 4 days of food and then I put another day in just in case.

In case of what you ask?

I could be really hungry from hiking all day and eat more then I allotted for that day.


I could have to stay in a shelter for a day because of weather or I'm sore and need a day of rest. So I would eat my 5th day of food then.

I could come across a backpacker that has lost all his food to a bear and I would have plenty to share.


I could come across another backpacker that has simply  ran out of food because they didn't pack enough.

So I want to make sure. I pack food. 4 days of food and one extra day.

No comments:

Post a Comment